Hunger can be triggered by low blood sugar, but it can also be triggered by thinking about, seeing, smelling and tasting food. Once food is in the stomach, it triggers bile and more digestive enzymes to be released from the liver and gallbladder to continue help break down our meal. It’s a beautiful system: the presence of food is what triggers the release of the acid and enzymes we need to properly digest that meal.
The way we break down food in the stomach profoundly impacts the whole digestive system. If we eat a meal without enough stomach acid, bile, or enzymes, we are unable to properly break down our food. This causes three types of digestive issues:
- Stomach irritation: Heartburn, nausea, feeling of fullness in the stomach.
- Bowel irritation: Larger than ideal food particles draw water into the bowel and over-feed our gut bacteria. This can cause cramping, gas, bloating, abdominal pain, and irregular bowel movements.
Reduced nutrient absorption: It is challenging for the body to absorb vitamins and minerals from foods that are poorly broken down. This can impact every single aspect of our overall health, with the most common symptoms being a weak immune system, brain fog, and fatigue.
Bitter herbs can be helpful in people with:
- Indigestion, bloating, gas, or cramping
- Irregular bowel movements
- Nausea, heartburn or stomach aches
- Low stomach acidity, commonly seen with ageing
- Sugar cravings
- Sluggish liver, liver disease, or during a detox Low appetite, or challenges with recognizing hunger signals INGREDIENTS
Each 5ml contains
Artichoke leaf (Cynara scolymus) (1:31) 162.4 mg
Dandelion leaf (Taraxacum officinale) (1:97) 51.5 mg
Gentian root (Gentiana lutea) (1:122) 41.1 mg
Turmeric root (Curcuma longa) (1:170) 29.4 mg
Yarrow aerial parts (Achillea millefolium) (1:170) 29.4 mg
Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale) (1:249) 20.1 mg
Chamomile flower (Matricaria recutita) (1:270) 18.5mg
Bitter Fennel seed (Foeniculum vulgare) (1:270) 18.5 mg
Bitter Orange peel (Citrus aurantium) (1:331) 15.1 mg
Blessed Thistle aerial parts (Cnicus benedictus) (1:543) 9.2 mg
Cardamom seed (Elettaria cardamomum) (1:1316) 3.8 mg
Buckbean leaf (Menyanthes trifoliata) (1:1316) 3.8 mg
Vegan | Gluten Free | Yeast Free | Dairy Free | Kosher
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Fructose, lactic acid and water